Thursday 25 December 2014

Merry Christmas!

Merry Christmas everyone! 


Today has been lovely, I am back up in Yorkshire and have done nothing but eat, wear hideous penguin pyjamas and watch The Snowman. It has actually been a great day to reflect on this year. Not only has it made me realise how much I value my family and miss them while I am in London, it has also made me realise how things need to change.

Don't get me wrong, I am loving every minute of my life in the Big City, but I feel like I have been stuck in my comfort zone for a while. I know everyone suddenly thinks 'next year I will be different' in hope that they will wake up in 2015 having lost 5 stone with a stomach like Candice Swanpoel and a job as merely a New  York socialite. In reality, your sat on an icy winters night in January, eating a sausage roll, drinking Umbongo and cowering in your onesie. Sometimes I think I am too British for my own good. Anyway, I digress..

I just today wished Merry Christmas to one of my best friends who now lives in Canada and it wasn't until she asked how I generally am I actually took a minute to think. As far as being okay goes, I am fine, but is fine acceptable though? That being said, there are a few things that are a bit off at the moment and they need to change. I am not going to sit here and write every single problem I have on my blog because, well, I am sure you all have your own problems to worry about and half of you reading this probably know me. I don't want to be that debbie downer and make myself monstrously uncool. Kill my rep and all that.

I just know that I have been put through a lot this year, put myself through a lot and forgot what I stand for. That can't happen any more. I have no idea who I am really - I'm 24 years old and have a lot to experience. The big lights of London is definitely the place to do that, or maybe even further afield, who knows? But I won't hold myself back. I won't stand for being treated any less than what I deserve. I won't stop discovering the world or stop following my dreams. 2015 is onwards and upwards.

No comments:

Post a Comment