Monday 28 July 2014

Big City Dreaming



IT'S been a year since I was lured in by the big city lights. You know, the place where anything is possible. Where there are floating lights down every alleyway and the bustle of life on every cobbled street. Where you work tirelessly to succeed the best way you know how and sip cocktails in dim lit bars that swim with city glam. London is all that and more, but only if you manage to breath throughout all the chaos.

I’m not very sure if living in The City changes you. I’d like to think not but then I would be lying if I said I was completely the same as before. You have to learn to adapt and accept the busy life down here. Everything is so fast-paced that if you blink for a split second you find yourself lost in the freefall.
You can also get addicted to the magic that swirls around The City, it falls like dreamlike dust and before you know it, you are mesmerised.

If there is one thing The Capital has taught me, it’s that you have to work hard to succeed, everyone is ambitious and you have to be the best possible version of yourself. However, don’t lose yourself and your values, and most importantly, don’t forget who you are. What you want to be.


My plan in London  – keep writing, work hard, be tenacious, be in love, be smart, be brave, follow my intuition, be truthful, be crazy, don’t take life too seriously and don’t map out my life. Just let it happen – and where better to do that?

No comments:

Post a Comment